Salsa, homemade or store bought
Tomatoes (quarter or sliced)
Black beans (rinsed and drained)
Corn salsa, homemade or store bought
Cheddar jack cheese (shredded)
Wide mouth mason jar
1. Cook ground beef/taco meat according to the instructions on the taco seasoning package.
2. While the taco meat cooks, slice the lettuce, cut the tomatoes, and shred the cheese.
3. Rinse and drain the beans.
4. When the beef is finished, assemble the jars, bottom to top. Remember to keep the dressing/salsa at the bottom. Salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn salsa, lime, and cilantro. I like to keep my cheese and beef separate, as well as my tortilla strips.
5. Tightly screw on lid.
6. Store in refrigerator until serving.
7. When you’re ready to eat, heat up the beef and cheese. Mix the salad in the jar and then combine. Lastly, add your crunchy tortilla strips.
Recipe adapted and edited from pocketchangegourmet.com.