It’s football season and it’s still warm, so the game day meal on my mind is: Mexican! Here are two recipes to add to your meal plan- favorites with a twist!
Clean and simple guacamole
Two whole avocados
2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
1 small tomato; chopped
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 tbsp. lime juice
Salt and ground black pepper
1. Roughly chop avocado.
2. Add yogurt, tomato, onion, and lime juice.
3. Mash slightly with spoon and stir until even.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with chips or tacos.
Mango-guava mojitos with habanero sauce
Silver (clear) rum
Mango juice (NSA– no sugar added)
Guava juice (NSA)
Fresh mint leaves
1. Pour 1 shot of rum over crushed ice.*
2. Add mint leaves- whole, or torn to release extra flavor.
3. Add 1 cup of mango juice and 1 cup of guava juice, or desired amount of each flavor.
4. Add 1-2 drops of the habanero syrup. Careful- it’s very spicy!
5. Squeeze the juice of one lime slice over your drink and add as garnish.
*Use a martini shaker for this drink instead of you have one!