Here are a couple of simple, healthier versions of classic recipes that I came up with
for the Super Bowl this year! Go Hawks :)
Baked Hot Wings
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
20 chicken wings
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Toss the wings in the mixture until completely coated and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate wings for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce.
- Dip the wings into the sauce and return them to the sheet.
- Bake until no longer pink on the inside, about 45 minutes. Turn the wings over once during cooking so they cook evenly.
Avocado dip to replace ranch
This quick and simple recipe is a perfect way to not only skip the extra saturated fat in ranch, but also to add some extra protein and more healthy fats to your diet!
- 1 large fresh avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt